Table of Contents
Looking for Summer Jobs for High School Students
Summer time is a great opportunity for career and self-development. Students have no sessions and are able to do what they like. Many chose working during the summer. It helps them to earn money, assert their independence, and gain some professional and social skills. Each kind of employment develops responsibility, cooperation and self-organization of the employee. Such experience will never be out of place in further career.
Tips for High School Students
Many students feel uncertain when start thinking about summer job. The main reason for it is the stereotype that they are not professionals yet, thus they are not needed. This statement is false. There are many opportunities for students, which are well-paid and vacant. To choose the most appropriate one, you should consider a few questions and then make your choice.
- Part-time or full-time job
- Job at home or elsewhere
- Job in hometown or in the city where you are studying
- Day-time or night-time job
- Job with people, animals, computers or other.
The Most Common Vacancies
As soon as all pros and cons of each item are weighed, the list of possible opportunities will shorten. Such analysis of your priorities will point at the most appropriate variants for you. The most common are summer jobs of a baby- or pet-sitter, camp counselor or tutor, pool cleaner or handy person, movie theater employee or golf course caddy, newspaper delivery person or mobile automobile dealer, lifeguard or career oriented internship.
Top Tips on Job Search for High School Students
- Look and ask around. Your friends, parents, neighbors know you and can provide a good recommendation. Tell them about your intention to work and describe the position you would like to take. Look through the bulletin board in your location and log in network job search sites. Do not forget about your teachers and counselors. Schools often need some extra hands in summer time.
- Take the interviews seriously. Never be late for them. It makes the impression of irresponsibility and disorganization. Dress appropriately and take all necessary things, like resume and reference letters.
- Make a presentation of yourself. It is not enough to come to the interview. You should also impress the interviewer. The same situation is with everyone you ask for job help. Explain all your preferences and aims to people, whom you are asking for help. Market yourself with the help of business cards and flyers. Hand them out to everyone you know and meet. Pin some on bulletin boards in the most common places. Some of them will for sure reach your further employer.
from all orders made by people you bring!
Your people also get 17% discount for their first order
Take full advantage of your summer time. Do what you like and develop yourself. Do not let laziness overcome your personality. Summer should be the most creative and developing time for each student. Let yourself be keen on hobbies and interests. Invest in your personality.
How Can We Help?